Thursday, May 31, 2007
Offlate, i have become very much attached to the environment that we are surviving in. I realised how important it is , to protect it to keep ourselves protected. The benifits of having a cleaner and greener environment around you are immeasurable.
When i first came to Bangalore, i did not really like it mainly because of congestion on roads , high traffic density and dust. I did not find it peaceful and relaxing. Many might disagree with me because it is actually dependent upon where you are putting up.
When i visited places like malleswaram ,Jayanagar, Koramangala and the defence establishment areas, then i came across the real Bangalore--the GARDEN CITY. I loved the way big trees on both sides have provided shade on the road, i felt quite and happy whenever i passed through such roads. Felt like stayin on them forever just to enjoy the greenery.
Then it was march end and the summer has started (well after being in places wher temp goes to abt 50 C degrees --i can never feel summer in Blr)...it was then i realised how better the weather in Bangalore is.. It took not more than a week to love Bangalore. I felt it is a better place. One factor Weather can beat all the rest...
It is mainly because of the trees in the city..that Bangalore is the way it is..People say it is changing, becoming hotter and worse...but i request everyone not to let this happen...I cannot see the fruits that Bangaloreans enjoy wither up and fall down forever...
When I heard about the Metro authorities cutting the trees on the MG road boulevard, it really hit me at my heart..felt i should protest, do something...comfort is important but not at the expense of the nature.
I want Banaglore (I mean bangaloreans too )and for that matter any city authorities to take few steps to fight against environmental hazards that may threaten our very existence...
1. Every person should plant trees in howmuch ever area they own , let them grow big to give them shade and pleasure.
2. The authorities should make the roads wide enough and plant trees on either side, also should take care that they grow big enough.
3. They should not allow appartments in congested areas, some minimum area of 1000sq.yards should be made mandatory to construct flats in a plot.
4. They should encourage afforestation and develop gardens every where. They should not cut a grown up tree at any cost. Plan up things such that such a need never arises..
5. It is high time that every citizen realises this and knows that his happiness lies in a greener environment..
It only took me a week in the summer to realise, i hope u already woke up to the reality..or will wake up in very near future..It is NOW or NEVER.
Saturday, May 05, 2007
'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
'I don't much care where --' said Alice.
'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
'--so long as I get somewhere,' Alice added as an explanation.
Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland